QR codes have arrived in Whistler. They were all over Crankworx. Whether viewing supplementary video of a product, or entering a contest, QR codes are growing in popularity at an extraordinary rate.
In Japan, and around the world, they’re huge. Everyone with a smart phone has a QR reader installed and they’re snapping away at store window signs, posters and flyers, even other smart phones. It’s going to catch on fast here in Canada, too.
What are QR codes? Essentially a QR code is a two-dimensional bar code. You can download a QR code reader for your iPhone, Android, or Blackberry smart phone. Once read, the code will give your phone instructions as to what to do with it: visit a website, compose a pre-fabricated email or text message, call a phone number, locate a point on a map, even ‘like’ something on Facebook.
How can your business benefit from QR code marketing? Here are some thoughts:
- Drive people to a mobile opt-in program so you can send SMS text messages to followers announcing deals and time-sensitive promotions.
- Place a QR code alongside your Pique advertisement and send people to an introductory video, virtual tour, or contest registration form.
- Send people at the checkout counter to your email subscription page.
- Send house hunters to a virtual tour of a house while they’re standing on the curb or sitting in their car.
- Create a scavenger hunt contest around Whistler Village and the winner gets a prize.
- Post QR codes on washroom and urinal advertisements for brand recognition.
- Allow people to find and navigate to your location around Whistler.
- Send people to TripAdvisor, Yelp, Merchant Circle or any other local business directory so they can give you a positive review.
The possibilities are endless with QR codes. Contact us today to see how we can fit this new technology into your marketing mix.